Thu, 23 Dec|
Bala Brook Retreat Centre, South Brent
Calming Christmas - Dartmoor Retreat, 4 Nights, £495-£595
A nurturing, rejuvenating, gentle retreat going with the hibernation energies of winter. Yin yoga, pranayama, yoga philosophy, meditation, guided moorland walks, creative workshops and delicious, professionally catered wholefood plant-based meals. Scroll down for more info...
Time & Location
23 Dec 2021, 16:00 – 27 Dec 2021, 10:00
Bala Brook Retreat Centre, South Brent, Bala Brook, South Brent TQ10 9ED, UK
Give yourself the gift of calm and tranquility this Christmas with a 4 night retreat at Bala Brook in the middle of Dartmoor, Devon. Designed to be peaceful, nurturing, rejuvenating and gentle, we will go with the hibernation energies of the winter.
Suitable for beginners, intermediates and those wanting a gentler pace of yoga. Single occupancy rooms. Prices £495-£595.
Feel the relief of openning and releasing your body, heart and mind with hatha & yin yoga, pranayama, yoga philosophy talks, meditation and sound healing.
Get grounded by connecting with nature in this secluded Dartmoor setting through gudied daily hikes and, for the brave amongst you, a dip in the site's babbling brook.
Express your soul with daily creative workshops (may range from theatre, voice work, creative writing to art-making).
All designed and delivered with love by our wonderful experienced team:
- Wholly Yoga Founder and Retreat Host, Gemma Conidis (Post Graduate Certificate in Theatre and Performance, 200hr qualified Yoga Teacher)
- Yoga Teacher and Holistic Therapist, Vya Freeman (500hr certified, 11 year's teaching experience, 29 years practicing holistic therapies)
- Whole-food plant based meals made with love catered by the Dartmoor Larder. Organic and locally sourced where possible.
- 4 nights accommodation in single occupancy room
- 7 yoga classes
- 7 meditation sessions
- 3 yoga philosopy talks
- 3 creative practice workshops (may range from: theatre, voice work, art-making, creative writing)
- 1 sound healing gong bath
- 3 guided moorland walks
- All wholefood plant-based meals
Does not include:
- Travel expenses or transfers
- Therapy treatments
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
THURSDAY 23rd DECEMBER
16:00 Guest Arrival
16:45-17:15 Welcome talk & introductions
17:15-18:.15 Yin Yoga
18:30-19:.30 Sound Healing Gong Bath
21:00-21:30 Satsang & Meditation
22:00 Lights Out
FRIDAY 24th, SATURDY 25th & SUNDAY 26th DECEMBER
07:00-07:30 Satsang & Meditation
07:30-09:00 Dynamic Yoga
11:00-12:30 Yoga Philosophy Talk
12:30-14:30 Choice of a Guided Moorland Hike or Personal Practice (e.g. painting, reading, journalling)
14:30-15:00 Snack/afternoon tea
15:00-16:30 Personal Practice (e.g. painting, writing, reading, nap)
16:30-17:30 Creative Workshop (e.g. Theatre, creative writing, voice work, mandala making)
17:30-18:45 Yin Yoga
20:30-21:15 Satsang & Meditation
22:00 Lights Out
MONDAY 27th DECEMBER
08:30-09:30 Closing circle
10:00 Check Out
***COVID safety measures relevant at the time will be carefully followed.***
By Car: For Sat Nav use coordinates 50° 26.802’N 3° 51.710’W.
Approaching on the A38 from Exeter, follow the signs to South Brent at Marley Head. At the second roundabout, follow the signs to Avon Dam. Enter the Dartmoor National Park on single track roads. Cross straight over the first junction. Keep going until you reach Shipley Bridge car park. Continue for one third of a mile. The road goes past one farm on your right, down a little hill and over a little bridge. Look out for the ‘Bala Brook’ sign on the gateway to your right.
Approaching on the A385 from Totnes, cross the A38 at Marley Head and follow as above.
Approaching from Plymouth, leave the A38 following the signs for South Brent. You can avoid going through the village by taking a left turn soon after leaving the A38 (signs for Brent Mill Business Park and Aish). Use our map to navigate the lanes. After a ‘weak bridge’ look out for the Bala Brook sign on your left in a dip just before the little Bala bridge. If you arrive at Shipley Bridge, you have gone 2 minutes too far. Please do not enter any unsigned properties. Bala Brook is clearly signed.
From London Paddington to Totnes station, then an 8 mile taxi journey. Taxis: Totnes - Barry’s Taxis 07979 615349 / Janet at And Some Cabs 01803 840009. Ivybridge: Ivybridge Taxis 01752 690180
We would like to offer our retreatants flexibility as far as we are able, though we are limited by the contractual terms and conditions with the venues and caterers we hire. As such we are able to provide some flexibility as follows:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you cancel three months or more before the retreat you will be refunded the full balance minus the deposit (or 25% if you paid upfront in full).
- If you cancel less than three months but more than one before the retreat we will be able to offer you a refund (minus the deposit or 25% if you paid upfront in full) in the case of either: you finding someone else to replace your booking (and after they have paid in full) or if the retreat sells out after you have cancelled your booking.
- If you cancel one month or less before the retreat no refund will be available.
- In the case of cancellation by us because of government imposed COVID-19 restrictions you will be offered a choice of a transfer to a different retreat (if you choose a more expensive retreat you will need to pay the difference), or a full refund.
- You can pay in full now by credit or debit card here on the website (below). Transaction fees apply. OR
- Avoid transaction fees: Pay by BACS. With this option you can pay in full OR Place a 25% Deposit now and pay the remaining balance 3 months ahead of the retreat. To pay by BACS please E-mail email@example.com and we will send you a link to the booking form and bank details.
Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Economy Room - Shared Bathroom
+£12.38 Service fee
Small, basic but lovely single room.
+£12.38 Service fee
En-suite - Single Occupancy
+£14.88 Service fee
Price is per person. Please contact us directly if you would like to bring an additional person to stay in your room.
+£14.88 Service fee